Providing housing opportunities for the community since 1949
The Lancaster City Housing Authority was established in 1949. We are a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a municipal authority under state law. We are not a department of Lancaster City. We receive our funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
We own and operate the following properties:
Susquehanna Court - built in 1965
Franklin Terrace - built in 1966
Church Street Towers - built 1966
Farnum Street East - built 1976
Additionally, the LCHA owns and operates 95 scattered site homes throughout the City of Lancaster which were acquired in the 1970s.